180º South: Conquerors of the Useless
by Yvon Chouinard, Jeff Johnson, and Chris Malloy (boxed hardcover book or eBook)
The boxed edition of 180º South: Conquerors of the Useless features a numbered slipcase and a numbered signature card signed by Yvon Chouinard, Chris Malloy, and Jeff Johnson. Published by Patagonia, the book is an in-depth look at the motivations and sensibilities of the people on both sides of the camera of the 180º South film. Hardcover boxed edition, 240 pages, with color photographs and slipcase.
Chris Malloy and Jeff Johnson, inspired by an obscure 1960s era film about a journey from Ventura, California, to Chilean Patagonia called Mountain of Storms, embarked on a journey of their own – and made a film about it. Published by Patagonia, this book, 180° South: Conquerors of the Useless, is the story of that journey and film. It tells of the inspirational and life changing experience that was Mountain of Storms, and how that set Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins on a lifetime of fighting to save wilderness. It tells of the inspiration they provided to Chris and Jeff and their desire to do something similar. And it tells of the 180° South trip with words and images not seen in the film.
- Hardcover boxed edition: 240 pages with color photographs and slipcase
- Features a numbered slipcase and numbered signature card signed by Yvon Chouinard, Chris Malloy and Jeff Johnson
- Interviews with Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins
- Photographers include: Jeff Johnson, Jimmy Chin, Scott Soens, Danny Moder
- Printed on 100% recycled paper
- Published by Patagonia
- 2404 g (84.8 oz)
- Made in Hong Kong.