Wherever mountains glisten with frozen ribbons, imaginations ignite with possibility. An ambassador favorite, our premier soft shell for alpine and ice climbing now comes in a full-zip version for added versatility. The Knifeblade’s Power Shield® Pro fabric - a breakthrough in soft-shell technology - fills the gap between traditional soft and hard shells, offering unprecedented stretch, breathability and wind protection in a water-resistant 3-layer package. The Knifeblade has a pliable feel, slides easily over layers, and is durable against big-route abuse. It has three water-resistant zippered pockets (one chest and two handwarmers, placed above pack and harness waistbelts), low-profile cuff closures and Touch Point System™ embedded cord locks in the hood and hem for quick adjustment. The helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor provides optimal visibility in bad conditions. Full-reach gusseted underarm panels allow overhead mobility.
- Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric with a tricot backing combines lightweight weather resistance and incredible breathability
- Full zip adds versatility
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions
- Touch Point System™ has embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick adjustments to seal out weather
- Modified Y-Joint™ sleeve construction allows overhead mobility without lifting the jacket
- One left chest pocket and two high handwarmer pockets are harness- and pack-compatible, with mesh pocket bags and slim install reverse- coil zippers with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Low-profile, self-fabric hook-and-loop-closure cuffs with pleated gusset
- 5.8-oz Polartec® Power Shield® Pro 89% polyester/11% spandex
- 536 g (18.9 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Designed to strike the optimal balance between weather protection and breathability, Power Shield® Pro offers the best soft-shell weather resistance without compromise to breathability. We specifically designed these shells to meet the needs of our athlete team and our most technical core customers. Polartec® Power Shield Pro combines never before seen levels of air permeability with durable hydrostatic resistance to keep you dry both from within and from out.