- Fine merino wool responsibly sourced from the grasslands of Patagonia and blended with Capilene® polyester for improved wicking, durability and dry time
- 18.9 micron-gauge yarn; jersey-knit construction
- Raglan shoulder seams are offset to minimize chafing under layers and packs
- Underarm panels with offset seams maximize range of motion and comfort
- Hidden thumb loops on cuffs help to protect hands
- Slow-washed without chlorine to prevent shrinkage; bluesign® approved fabric
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
- 6.5-oz (220-g) 80% chlorine-free merino wool/20% polyester (100% recycled)
- 266 g (9.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Raw, untreated wool has scales that make it itchy and coarse and cause it to shrink, so most wool fabrics are treated with chlorine to reduce the scales. But chlorine is a pervasive pollutant that’s especially harmful to organisms living in water and soil. We remove the scales from our merino wool fibers using a unique chlorine-free process that’s bluesign® approved.