Wind howls, spindrift blasts and cornices loom across ridges. Up or down? Those who endure big mountains – whether ski mountaineering or alpine climbing – know that bomber protection is as crucial as decision-making. The Super Alpine Jacket protects against the worst possible weather with the best available waterproof/windproof and breathable fabrics. It features extremely light, but durable, 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, a tough nylon outer with key-area reinforcements, and a micro-grid interior that helps optimize breathability. A flat-pleated front stays close to your body to let you see your feet and allows the pockets to expand without bulky seams. Trim, watertight zippers for the pockets and pit zips are laminated in place to reduce weight and bulk; a small internal zippered chest pocket stows your keys. The underarm gussets keep the jacket in place when you lift your arms, and the Gasket Dry Cuffs seal out the elements at the wrists. Our helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable hood has a laminated visor and sleek Touch Point System™ embedded cord locks (in the hood and hem) for quick adjustment without opening the jacket.
- Durably waterproof/windproof and breathable 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric resists the wettest, coldest, most persistent weather
- Helmet-compatible Optimal Visibility Hood™ with laminated visor for good visibility in poor conditions
- Touch Point System™ with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick-and-easy adjustment
- Gusseted underarm panels let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
- Harness- and pack-compatible Pressed Pleat Pockets increase capacity without adding seams
- Watertight-coated Slim Zips are laminated in place for less bulk
- Pleated Gasket Dry Cuffs provide a tight, low-profile wrist seal
- 3-layer, 3.8-oz 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric. Reinforcements: 3-layer, 4.9-oz 150-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric. Shell and reinforcements have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 524 g (18.5 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Engineered with the most rugged, most breathable, durably waterproof and windproof fabrics, 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro products meet the demands of outdoor professionals and serious enthusiasts. The 3-layer construction comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers, which means less wear and tear, and even greater durability.