Greenland's Tasermiut Fjord and Patagonia's Chaltén Massif are at opposite ends of their hemispheres, but both have mind-bending climbing - and thoroughly drenching storms. Our Super Pluma® Jacket is the alpine climbing jacket of choice for balancing light-and-fast with enhanced durability and waterproof/windproof and breathable protection. The new generation, 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric is now significantly more breathable, but without compromising its legendary protection or durability. The face fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, and the interior has a minimalist yet distinct micro-grid backer that optimizes breathability. The pressed-pleat torso pockets are streamlined so you can see your feet, while trim, watertight zippers make for clean and easy pit-zips and pocket openings. Underarm gussets keep the jacket down when you raise your arms, and sleek Touch Point System™ embedded cord locks in the hood and hem allow quick adjustments without opening the jacket. Other details include a helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable Optimal Visibility Hood™ with a laminated visor, low-profile cuff closures with pleated gussets and a small internal zippered chest pocket.
- GORE-TEX® Pro fabric delivers the same trusted levels of uncompromised, durable waterproofness, but with an even better range of breathability
- Helmet-compatible Optimal Visibility Hood™ with laminated visor for good visibility in poor conditions
- Touch Point System™ with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick-and-easy adjustment
- Gusseted underarm panels let you reach without raising the body of the jacket
- Harness- and pack-compatible pressed-pleat pockets increase capacity without adding seams
- Center front and pit zips feature coated, watertight Slim Zips
- Low-profile gusset cuffs create a tight wrist seal
- 3-layer, 3.2-oz 40-denier 100% nylon GORE-TEX® Pro fabric, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 428 g (15.1 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Engineered with the most rugged, most breathable, durably waterproof and windproof fabrics, 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro products meet the demands of outdoor professionals and serious enthusiasts. The 3-layer construction comprises a special high performance GORE-TEX membrane, bonded to a tough outer material and a specially developed robust inner lining. The benefit: no movement between the three layers, which means less wear and tear, and even greater durability.