Environmental Activism AssociateFull time | Enviro
Location:Reno Service Center, NV
The Environmental Activism Associate is responsible for assisting in activism efforts company-wide. S/he will help to develop and implement environmental campaign education programs for employees (both in our retail channel and in our Ventura and Reno headquarters) and support environmental activism engagement programs, particularly in the Retail channel and in our Reno location. Also, s/he will support the Environmental Activism Manager in implementing all aspects of the retail, wholesale, and World Trout grant programs. S/he will support brand level campaign and advocacy efforts as needed, as part of the environmental campaigns team
Essential Job Functions
- Work with retail store managers and enviro point people to provide environmental campaign education clinics and materials for retail stores and facilitate implementation of current environmental initiatives and campaigns in the retail channel.
- Support implementation of Patagonia’s retail, wholesale, and World Trout environmental grant programs. Make sure said programs meet Patagonia‘s environmental guidelines for funding. Track proposals and reports using our Cybergrants database.
- Assist with the Wild & Scenic Film Festival grants program in the retail and wholesale divisions.
- Become a member of the Reno Service Center Grants Council.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the Tools for Grassroots Activist Conference.
- Assist with managing yearly budgets for retail and wholesale grants programs.
- Work with the Environmental Activism Manager to track and communicate the impact of retail, wholesale, and World Trout grant programs, through success stories and statistics, in our company publications, website, BLOG, catalogues, etc.
- Assist the Environmental Activism Manager and other team members in researching issues and/or partnerships needed for our company environmental campaigns.
Other Job Functions
- Assist in new store openings by providing history, philosophy, and current environmental initiative information.
- Respond to customer requests for information, questions and complaints about Patagonia’s environmental positions.
- Help to implement and organize environmental “Brainfoods” and Brown Bag Lunches at the Reno Service Center.
- Assist in writing and editing environmental stories, emails, and action alerts, for the catalog, website and annual Environmental Initiatives Booklet.
- Ability to travel 5-8 weeks per year to work with retail stores and Ventura headquarters.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Working knowledge of and passion for global environmental issues.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the environmental movement or community activism including campaign development and strategy.
- Experience training and organizing others.
- Understanding of the political process.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, and Excel and a willingness to learn our Cybergrants database system.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Outdoor enthusiast and product user.
- Currently registered to vote.
- Sense of humor.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Previous grant writing and/or reading experience.
- Solid understanding of Patagonia and our retail and wholesale operations.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.