Internship - Logistics (Reno, NV)Part time |
The Logistics Intern will have the opportunity to help Patagonia grow their distribution operation from a single distribution and warehousing operation to a multi-site fulfillment and storage network.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in Warehouse Distribution Logistics as part of a continuous process improvement project (with a firm understanding of key LEAN and 55 concepts.)
- Assist in designing and setting up a 5S or Visual workplace.
- Practice basic warehouse concepts including inventory receipts, inventory control best practices, and inventory transfer moves.
- Learn/practice basic understanding of EDI and ASN data transmission.
- Work with small parcel, LTL, FTL, and intermodal container shipping industries.
- Read and decipher industry standard paperwork such as Bill of Lading, POD’s, Packing Lists and Manifest.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Possesses an innate ability of order and organization.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Minimum Job Requirements
- College degree in progress.
- Strong computer skills:
- Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint experience required.
- Proficiency in databases and Visio preferred
- Experience with AS400 or Manhattan warehouse management systems preferred.
- ERP background preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.