Internship - Material PlanningPart time |
The Material Planning Intern will play a key role in helping Patagonia create a more responsive supply chain. In addition, s/he will support the Material Planning team in various tasks and gain an understanding of the business as it relates to global material and supply planning (forecasting, capacity planning, materials reservation, buy plans, and inventory/service level management).
Essential Job Functions
· Research, develop, and propose a strategy for Patagonia to create a more responsive supply chain.
· Support the Material Planning Manager in the development of new material planning processes.
· Perform special projects focused on material planning at the request of upper management.
· Document and present proposed solution(s) to senior leaders.
· Gain an understanding of Patagonia’s end-to-end supply chain and planning processes.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
· Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications
· Bachelors or equivalent experience in Business, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or other relevant field.
· Strong experience in all Microsoft Office programs – especially Excel.
· Work experience in textiles/apparel/retail
· Work experience or academic coursework in logistics/operations research/supply chain engineering
· Proficient with project management and associated software tools (Smartsheets, Microsoft Project, etc)
· Proficient with data visualization tools (Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc)
· Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills a must, as is the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
· Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
· Ability to work in an open-concept office/floor plan.
· Demonstrated passion for Patagonia's mission and sports
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.