Internship - PR & CommunicationsPart time |
The PR & Communications Intern provides day-to-day support for the Company’s public relations and communications team, assisting with both internal and external communications efforts.
More specifically, this role assists the Director of Global PR & Communications and the PR Managers on all aspects of public relations, external and internal communications and cross-departmental coordination within the company’s global organization. This role covers corporate and product campaigns – helping the Company tell its stories in the press and conveying quality and innovation in our products. This role will also have major responsibilities in helping the Communications/PR department achieve effective coordination among partners and stakeholders internally.
Essential Job Functions
- Able and willing to take on PR/Communications projects and drive them from conception to execution with appropriate but minimal supervision.
- Update and keep maintained the public relations contact database.
- Respond to and assist with media requests for corporate and product information, as well as other requests for information, including fact checking. Assists with seasonal product seeding to key media and influencers.
- Plays a role in implementing the Company’s internal communications program, including writing, editing and logistics support.
- Assists with insuring that journalists receive (and return) product as part of the PR sample and seeding program. This individual will also assist with the organization and maintenance of on-site sample collections, including seasonal unpacking, organizing and inventory of samples, and after-season sample sales.
- Assists with helping to gather editorial calendars, as well as stats on relevant media outlets and blogs, from or about a variety of publications.
- Assists with ongoing tracking of where stories related to the Company are showing up across all media channels. Solicits, clips and archives product news regularly. Review and tracks Cision on an ongoing basis.
- Assists with the preparation and logistics tied to various press events and other media engagement.
- Assists with hosting media at the company HQ.
- Assists with the coordination of pre-season photo shoots and press highlight documents for benchmark products.
- Takes on other projects as assigned among the members of the PR/Communications team.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Minimum Job Requirements
- College degree in progress, preferably in Public Relations or a related field.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Preferred product experience in the outdoor industry.
- Sport experience and knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs preferred
- General knowledge of the Company’s history, culture, and business philosophy preferred.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.