Internship - Sportswear DesignPart time |
The Design Intern will gain an understanding of the design process by working closely with Designers to ensure that the creation of relevant, innovative design concepts get translated graphically throughout the design process for each season. Under the mentorship and in collaboration with the respective Designer(s), s/he translates and develops visual presentations and completes general supportive tasks. The positions primary responsibilities entail working with the Design team using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign to translate their vision graphically.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Designers with translating their sketches into computer illustrated designs using Patagonia blocks as starting points.
Assist Designers in creating and maintaining the computer illustrations in Merch Maps created in InDesign. This will involve sketches, color, print and pattern.
Assist Designers in the creation of product information through detailed drawings.
Assist Designers with checklists to Pattern Makers and Product Developers so that prototypes and BOM’s can be created. This will be a drawing, front and back with very detailed specifications and measurements.
Assist Designers in creating presentations.
·Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Possesses an innate ability to see color discrepancies.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Minimum Job Requirements
- College degree in progress, preferably in apparel design.
- Strong drawing and visual presentation skills.
- Proficient use of Mac computers.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator with knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Excel,
- Outlook preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
All applicants must be returning to school in the fall of 2017. This is a paid internship at Patagonia, the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Patagonia will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the area.
This job posting will remain active until March 1st, 2017.