Senior Technical ArchitectFull time | IT Applications
Job Title: Senior Technical Architect, ERP
Reports To: Development Manager
Location: Ventura, CA
The Senior Technical Architect will provide direction, ensure project implementation compliance, and research to innovate and manage technology solutions for the global ERP system. This strategy will represent best practices and industry standards developed from working with our global Microsoft ERP system (Dynamics 365). This person must possess extensive analytical and problem solving skills to ensure a quality product is the result of any development effort. They will take pride in delivering solutions using best practices that are sustainable and reliable. They will be responsible for the quality of the code being put into production, ensuring standards and best coding practices are enforced. They will mentor and collaborate with peer developers to ensure that best coding practices are followed and code performs to a high standard
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in developing and implementing a technical strategy for our global, single-instance ERP system, Dynamics 365, and related systems and integrations.
- Provide architectural solutions for multiple projects.
- Assist in defining scope and size of work for projects relating to D365.
- Work with software developers, business analysts and leadership to understand current and future operational goals.
- Author technical design documentation that fully defines all application code and the underlying methodology for the design decisions made.
- Review, to the extent possible, code changes and determine production environmental impact.
- Works with PMO office and Development Manager to develop project schedules and testing estimates to ensure on-time completion of development activities.
- Lead design discussions to define goals and objectives of ERP upgrade and new projects.
- Work on assigned tasks/projects to support existing AX 2009 global ERP deployment as required or assigned by the Scrum Master.
- Work on assigned tasks/projects to support the upcoming redeployment of our ERP system as Dynamics for Operations (D365) in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Act as a gate keeper of code being moved into production to ensure quality.
- Document and execute test plans, test cases, test results, and issue tracking.
- Investigate, develop and test solutions that will improve system performance and stabilization.
Other Job Functions
- Work with the ERP Technical Team to coordinate the implementation of software patches and/or new application releases.
- Keep technical knowledge and competency up to date and current with Microsoft AX best practice guidelines for AX.
- Prioritizes tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with development team on bug fixes/enhancement methodology and approach.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods.
- Able to provide support on call as needed.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Four (4) year college degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields and/or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable working with the Windows API’s.
- Strong technical background in architecting and implementing solutions written in an object-oriented programming language and ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player with a commitment to success.
- Able to work well under pressure and with multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to work on long term projects and day-to-day program maintenance responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- ERP System experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Experience writing SSIS/SSRS packages/reports.
- Apparel experience/knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work in a multi-platform, multi OS environment
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.