To say Craig and Jackie have dedicated their lives to protecting wild trout is an understatement. As owners of Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone, they serve on the boards of directors for numerous environmental organizations and have been awarded nearly every important citation in fish and habitat conservation. In 2001, Craig co-founded 1% for the Planet with Yvon Chouinard.
- Founded Blue Ribbon Flies in 1980 – initially hiring handicapped fly tiers
- Taught Secret Service personnel to fly fish during President Carter's term (Craig was Police Chief of West Yellowstone through 1982)
- Author of 6 books on fly fishing Yellowstone and the west, currently working on a seventh book with Yvon Chouinard
- Blue Ribbon Flies receives the seldom awarded "Protector of Yellowstone National Park Award" for helping to preserve and protect Yellowstone for all future generations
- Co-founder 1% for the Planet with Yvon Chouinard which surpassed 1,000 members worldwide in 2008 and broke $100 million in conservation giving in 2012
- Produced and narrated Telly Award winning DVD's on fly fishing Yellowstone and Belize bonefish
- Worked with Tom Brokaw to produce the Yellowstone National Park segment of NBC's award winning America the Beautiful
- Selected for John Russo's book, 100 Making a Difference, dedicated to 100 people making a positive difference in the world
- Received Trout Unlimited's conservation award along with Yvon Chouinard for their work founding 1% for the Planet
- Ongoing conservation work on conservation easements, wild/native trout protection and enhancement projects, wildlife migration corridor protections and more in the Madison Valley and Yellowstone National Park
- Proud service in Patagonia's Ambassador Program and work towards producing the finest fly fishing equipment in the world responsibly and sustainably with as little impact on the environment into the future.