We built this climbing backpack with the single-minded focus needed for one-day ascents on El Cap and dawn-to-dusk routes in the Bugaboos. It features an integrated, asymmetrical spindrift collar that opens wide and closes in a single-motion for fast, hassle-free packing. This design eliminates excess fabric, yet protects your gear from nasty weather and ensures the pack stays open at hanging belays. Ergonomic shoulder straps match your torso’s contours for 24-hour comfort, and a removable webbing hip belt stays clear of your harness. Four rows of exterior daisy chains provide lashing options for a rope and helmet; adjustable ice tool loops allow a wide range of carrying options. Other details include an asymmetric profile for elbow clearance and a zippered vertical pocket on the lid for quick access to small essentials. Made from lightweight yet durable 6.25-oz 210-denier nylon double-ripstop and 6.05-oz 400-denier nylon ripstop, with a 1.8-oz 40-denier nylon double-ripstop lining. All fabrics have a polyurethane coating.
- Asymmetrical spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal
- Adjustable ice axe loops offer a multitude of carry options
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options
- Zippered pocket on lid provides easy access to small items
- Streamlined shape keeps the pack out of the way while climbing with a harness and rack of gear
- Body: 6.25-oz 210-denier nylon semi-dull double-ripstop and 6.05-oz 400-denier nylon ripstop. Lining: 1.8-oz 40-denier nylon double-ripstop with a polyurethane coating and silicone finish and 200-denier polyester
- 349 g (12.3 oz)
- Made in the Philippines.