Giant Tahiti or grinding Hawaiian reefs, the R1 Padded Big Wave Vest provides critical protection in the heaviest of ocean conditions. Built with 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated on each side to a high-stretch recycled polyester jersey / spandex fabric, the formfitting vest includes 11 custom-shaped and ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels for upper-body padding during high-impact water activities. Foam edges around the armholes are skived at 45 degrees to optimize full range of motion, flat lock and zigzag sewing construction offers excellent strength and durability, and spandex bindings along neck, armholes and bottom hem provide a secure and comfortable fit. Nylon reinforcements at the center-front, back and side provide board short tie compatibility.
- 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated on each side to a high-stretch recycled polyester jersey/spandex
- Flatlock/zigzag sewing construction with Tristar 40W and 60W nylon-bonded thread
- Laser cut 420D nylon reinforcements for board-short tie compatibility (one in center front, two on back and side)
- Custom shaped, ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels (11 total) for padded protection during high impact activity
- Foam edges around armholes are strategically skived at 45 degrees to optimize full range of motion
- 38mm folded spandex binding secured with double-needle coverstitch along neck, arm and bottom hem increase comfort and quality
- 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene with high-stretch recycled polyester jersey/spandex
- 550 g (19.4 oz)
- Made in Thailand.