Springtime shaded belays at the Creek, predawn starts in the Canadian Rockies and hut tours in the High Sierra: The Special Edition Down Sweater delivers minimal weight, superb compressibility and high-loft warmth. What sets the Special Edition Down Sweater apart is the ultralightweight 100% nylon 10-denier shell fabric with a polyurethane dry coating that has excellent water repellency. Details include top-quality 800-fill-power goose down, a quilted-through construction, two exterior zippered pockets with Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) coated zippers, and a stretch-mesh interior chest pocket that doubles as a zippered stuff sack and has a carabiner clip-in loop. Nylon-bound elastic cuffs and drawcord hem seal in warmth.
- Ultralightweight 100% nylon 10-denier shell fabric with a polyurethane dry coating has excellent water repellency
- Quilted construction stabilizes 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets with Deluge® DWR-coated zippers
- Internal zippered stretch mesh self-stuff pocket with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Nylon-bound elastic cuffs and drawcord hem seal out drafts
- Shell: 0.85-oz 10-denier Pertex® Endurance fabric 100% nylon ripstop with a polyurethane dry coat. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 286 g (10.1 oz)
- Made in China.
We use down insulation in some of our products because of its excellent performance: down has a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetic insulation, and it is also more compressible.