Riding Jackson Hole in cold, turbulent weather can be an opportunity to revel or a one-way ticket to misery. The difference depends on staying warm, dry and stoked. The Primo Down is our warmest and most protective insulated hard-shell jacket for riding in cold, ugly conditions. It combines a durable, 2-layer waterproof/breathable and windproof GORE-TEX® fabric with an insulating layer of warm, compressible 800-fill-power premium European goose down to keep you psyched as the temperature drops. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish casts off water and saturated snow, and an internal nylon ripstop lining manages moisture and glides smoothly over underlayers. The 2-way-adjustable, helmet-compatible hood has a laminated visor for optimal visibility; our Touch Point System™ embeds cord locks in the hood and hem for easy adjustability. Other features include ventilating pit zips and a removable, sleek, low-profile powder skirt that stays in place whether secured or not. (Webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants). Pockets: two handwarmers, two chest (one includes a secure media pocket with cable routing), one on the forearm and two interior for gloves or goggles. Slim Zip installation with watertight coated zippers on the pockets and pit zips reduce bulk and weight; Vislon® zippers on the center-front and chest pockets are burly and easy to use. Redesigned this season with a new articulated fit for dynamic movement and an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector.
- Durable and lightweight 2-layer polyester GORE-TEX® fabric for durably waterproof/breathable and windproof protection; warm and highly compressible 800-fill-power goose down insulation
- Helmet-compatible, 2-way-adjustable fixed hood with laminated visor for optimal visibility in bad conditions; Touch Point System™ embeds cord locks in hood and hem for quick adjustment (US patent number 5263202); goose down filled draft collar at back of neck for extra warmth
- Slim Zip installation with watertight, coated zippers on the handwarmer pockets, pit zips, and pass pocket reduce bulk and weight; Vislon zippers on the center-front and chest pockets are burly and easy to use
- Pit zips quickly release heat; adjustable, low-profile cuff with pleated gusset secures over or under gloves
- Removable, sleek, low-profile powder skirt stays in place whether secured or not and rotates as rider moves for comfort and protection. Webbing loop at center back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants
- Zippered pockets: two chest, one includes secure media pocket with cable routing; two handwarmers; one pass pocket on left forearm; one internal drop-in for goggles and gloves; one internal stash
- RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector embedded in back of neck
- Shell: 2-layer 2.71-oz 40-denier 100% polyester ripstop GORE-TEX® fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 100% nylon ripstop. Powder skirt: 3.5-oz 91% eco polyester and 9% spandex. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 970 g (34.2 oz)
- Made in China.
We use down insulation in some of our products because of its excellent performance: down has a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetic insulation, and it is also more compressible.
GORE-TEX® products with 2-layer construction are designed for a wide range of outdoor activities. A specific GORE-TEX membrane is bonded to the outer material and protected on the inside by a separate lining. The separate lining ensures better wearing comfort and versatility. GORE-TEX products provide breathable comfort and durably waterproof and windproof protection.