Early starts and long days, mountain summits and shaded belays - maximize the spring climbing season and throw in the Ultralight Down Hoody. It uses top-notch 800-fill-power premium European goose down that traps your heat, and an ultralight yet super tough shell fabric that blocks wind and sheds snow with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The sewn-through construction, tight channel pattern and just the right amount of down increase versatility for use in more moderate temperatures and diverse activities. The slim silhouette (and low-profile hood with single-pull adjustment) maximizes thermal efficiency and suits its ideal uses: belay parka over light layers at crisp crags, minimalist summer alpine bivies and unmatched warmth layered under a shell. Pockets include two zippered handwarmers and one zippered chest. A drawcord hem helps keep in the heat. Stuffsack included.
- The toughest, lightest-weight shell fabric we've ever used for down garments; with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power premium European goose down for low-bulk warmth
- Variegated channel construction stabilizes insulation and allows the use of less down, creating an elegant, low-profile garment
- Low-profile adjustable hood seals in warmth
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets; one zippered chest pocket
- Drawcord hem seals out cold and spindrift; self-fabric stuffsack
- Insulated with Traceable Down (non-live-plucked, non-force-fed)
- Shell and lining: 0.8-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 252 g (8.9 oz)
- Made in China.
We use down insulation in some of our products because of its excellent performance: down has a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetic insulation, and it is also more compressible.