Hiroki kicked a soccer ball for 15 years hoping to become a professional soccer player. He replaced that dream with another when he discovered adventure racing. Since then he’s lived as an athlete. Hiroki finds “pure joy” in trail running and he works tirelessly to promote the sport in Japan. He’s completed numerous 50 to 100 mile races, including the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning.
- First in total standings in the Rocky Mountain Slam and overall winner of the title “Grand Slam” of Ultrarunning, 2007
- Winner of Hasegawa Tsuneo Cup Mountain Endurance Race in Japan, 2003
- Event organizer for trail running races throughout Japan
- Completed the 2000 Raid Gauloises across the Himalayas, Tibet and Nepal
- Completed the 2000 Eco Challenge, Borneo