A springtime ski tour along the Mammoth Crest can blend four seasons in a single day. Our Ultralight Down Vest will block the wind and trap core warmth when temperatures plunge. High-lofting, extremely compressible 800-fill-power premium European goose down is encased in an ultralight nylon ripstop shell that's tough for its weight and sheds moisture with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The elegant low-profile silhouette has feminine shaping, is thermally efficient and is complemented by variegated channel construction that uses less down while remaining warm. The vest slides easily over light layers or under a shell and has two zippered handwarmer pockets, a drawcord hem and a stuffsack.
- The toughest, lightest-weight shell fabric we've ever used for down garments; with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 800-fill-power premium European goose down for low-bulk warmth
- Variegated channel construction stabilizes insulation and allows the use of less down, creating an elegant, low-profile silhouette
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets
- Drawcord hem seals in warmth
- Self-fabric stuffsack
- Insulated with Traceable Down (non-live-plucked, non-force-fed)
- Shell and lining: 0.8-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power premium European goose down
- 150 g (5.3 oz)
- Made in China.
We use down insulation in some of our products because of its excellent performance: down has a higher warmth-to-weight ratio than synthetic insulation, and it is also more compressible.