Patagonia Baby Little Sol Rash Jacket
This lightweight nylon/spandex jacket provides 50+ UPF sun protection and shields babies from both wind and sun.
- Durable nylon/spandex blend with 50+ UPF sun protection
- Versatile full-zip jacket silhouette; zipper garage protects chin
- Fun, contrasting solids and prints
- Self-fabric binding at cuff
- Prints: 6-oz 82% nylon/18% spandex. Solids: 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex. Both with 50+ UPF sun protection
- 93 g (3.3 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.