Patagonia Baby Sun Bucket Hat
A wraparound brim and lightweight nylon fabric with 50+ UPF sun protection make the Baby Sun Bucket Hat perfect for all-day protection.
- Wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon dries quickly and offers 50+ UPF sun protection
- Brim protects head, face and neck from sun
- Buttonholes in hat allow chin straps to thread onto reverse side; chin strap secures with a hook-and-loop fastener
- Reversible style with fun print and solid combinations
- Hat packs small; easy care
- 48 g (1.7 oz)
3-ply, 4-oz 100% Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.