Patagonia Boys' Papagayo Baggies™ Shorts - 8 1/2"
These crossover shorts are made of our tried-and-true Baggies™ fabric: 100% Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; 8½" inseam.
- Wind- and water-resistant Supplex® nylon dries quickly
- Color-blocked elasticized waistband with external drawcord
- Front pockets lined with mesh for quick draining
- Back pocket has hook-and-loop flap closure and circular bartack drain hole
- Quick-drying mesh liner
- Center-back has two circular bartack holes to provide quick air release when jumping in the water
- Side slit at hem for great mobility; 8½" inseam
- 158 g (5.6 oz)
3-ply, 4-oz 100% Supplex® nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.