Patagonia Brimmed Beanie
The new Brimmed Beanie is made from a recycled wool/nylon blend and has a fixed visor that helps keep snow and weather out of your eyes.
- Soft recycled wool/nylon blend keeps your head and ears warm in varying conditions
- Fixed brim helps keep weather out of your eyes
- Rib at the base of the beanie helps with a perfect fit
- Naturally stretchy knit for all-day comfort
- 70% recycled wool/25% recycled nylon/5% other fiber
- 82 g (2.9 oz)
- Made in China.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.