Patagonia Girls' Nano Puff® Jacket
Our Girls’ Nano Puff® Jacket is has a wind- and water-resistant shell with incredibly lightweight, warm-when-wet PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco polyester (55% recycled).
- Lightweight, windproof shell fabric has high tear-strength, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and is made of 100% recycled polyester
- Warm, incredibly lightweight 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco 100% polyester (55% recycled)
- Unique quilt pattern holds insulation in place
- Full-length zipper with internal wind flap, zipper garage and reflective webbing pull
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets with reflective webbing pulls; internal zippered chest pocket doubles as a stuffsack
- Spandex binding at sleeve opening for a secure fit
- Hand-me-down ID label
- 312 g (11 oz)
Shell: 1.6-oz 30-denier 100% recycled polyester mini-ripstop.
Lining: 2.2-oz 100% polyester plain weave.
Both with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco 100% polyester (55% recycled).
Lining fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.
We use PrimaLoft® insulation inside insulated garments for its warmth, compressibility, and soft comfort. While the human body uses energy to stay warm, PrimaLoft insulation uses a patented microfiber structure to help the body retain warmth and conserve energy.
The proprietary ultra-fine fibers of PrimaLoft insulation form a tight collection of air pockets that trap heat from your body and keep the cold out, providing an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. When insulation gets wet, it loses these air pockets and consequently, its insulating properties. PrimaLoft ultra-fine fibers were developed to be water resistant so your insulation stays drier and maintains its insulating properties even when wet.