Patagonia Infant Little Sol Swim Set
Sun shirt and swim diaper set made of our soft, quick-dry swimsuit fabric (83% recycled nylon/17% spandex). Diaper has a waterproof liner and secure waist and leg openings for accident protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Durable 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex blend. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Short-sleeved top has fun contrast spandex binding and a lap-shoulder for easy on/off
- Contrast sleeve and yoke detail with left-chest pocket
- Bottoms have covered elastic waistband and leg openings for a secure fit
- Bottoms have waterproof liner laminated to a soft mesh for comfort and leak protection
- Fun color-blocked top and bottom
- 102 g (3.6 oz)
Top and bottoms: 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex.
Bottoms lining: 5-oz mini mesh with waterproof laminate.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewingView The Footprint Chronicles
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.