Patagonia Men's Alpine Houdini™ Pants
Featherweight, emergency storm protection, the Alpine Houdini™ Pants pull on in a flash to shed wind and precip when the weather gets nasty. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
- A combination of waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard fabrics: a 2.5-layer ultralight shell in the main body and stretchy, durable 2.5-layer shell reinforcements in the seat and cuffs. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- Pull-on elasticized waistband with internal drawcord
- Exterior right thigh pocket with coated, watertight zipper
- Tapered lower leg with elasticized cuff and 2-position adjustable snap tab
- Pants self-stuff into right thigh pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 1.8-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop. Reinforcements: 2.5-layer, 2.2-oz 30-denier 100% nylon ripstop. Both with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 153 g (5.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.