Patagonia Men's Bandito Shirt
Made from fast-wicking 100% recycled polyester fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control and a back ventilation system, this Western-inspired shirt is built for action.
- Made of a breathable 100% recycled polyester plain-weave fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Short-sleeved button-front shirt with point collar and a Western-style yoke
- Flapped patch chest pockets with button closures
- Gusset construction and eyelet venting under the arms for comfort and range of motion
- Bartack venting across back yoke
- Ring-snap buttons throughout
- Subtle shirttail hem with side vents for greater range of motion
- 138 g (4.9 oz)
2.5-oz 100% recycled polyester plain weave with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.