Patagonia Men's DAS Parka
For full-on alpine conditions, the DAS Parka is our warmest synthetic insulated jacket; it’s made with 120-g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft throughout, with 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco added in core areas, and a lightweight PU-coated Pertex® Endurance shell that’s durable, water-resistant and windproof.
- Lightweight, nylon ripstop Pertex® Endurance shell with PU coating is durable, water-resistant, windproof and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Insulated throughout with 120-g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft that uses multidenier fibers for incredible loft, high thermal values and packability; an added layer of 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco in the chest, abdomen and back offers maximum thermal efficiency and water repellency
- Helmet-compatible hood with visor and single-pull drawcord to adjust overall volume and peripheral vision
- Full-length 2-way zipper with internal, insulated wind flap and fold-over zipper garage for next-to-skin comfort
- Pockets: two zippered, insulated handwarmers; two large interior mesh drop-ins; one exterior zippered chest
- Elasticized cuffs and discreet drawcord at drop hem seal in warmth
- Stuffsack included
- 669 g (23.6 oz)
Shell: 1.2-oz 20-denier 100% nylon PU-coated ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 120-g PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Hi-Loft 100% polyester; torso additional layer: 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Eco 100% polyester (55% post-consumer recycled content)View The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
We use PrimaLoft® insulation inside insulated garments for its warmth, compressibility, and soft comfort. While the human body uses energy to stay warm, PrimaLoft insulation uses a patented microfiber structure to help the body retain warmth and conserve energy.
The proprietary ultra-fine fibers of PrimaLoft insulation form a tight collection of air pockets that trap heat from your body and keep the cold out, providing an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. When insulation gets wet, it loses these air pockets and consequently, its insulating properties. PrimaLoft ultra-fine fibers were developed to be water resistant so your insulation stays drier and maintains its insulating properties even when wet.