Patagonia Men's Insulated Sidesend Hoody
All-around windproof, water-resistant, stretch-woven soft-shell hoody made with 86% recycled polyester/14% spandex for 4-way stretch. Body is insulated with 80-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled) that stays warm, even when wet. Provides the perfect combination of warmth, functionality and durability.
- Versatile bonded stretch-woven/brushed tricot soft-shell fabric made of durable recycled polyester/spandex blend with DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 80-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled) in the body provides lightweight insulation that traps heat with remarkable efficiency, even when wet
- Full-length center-front zipper with a stand-up collar and internal storm flap; attached hood insulated with 60-g Thermogreen 100% polyester (92% recycled)
- Fixed, self-fabric cuffs and hem lined with microfleece for next-to-skin comfort
- Two external, zippered handwarmer pockets; external left-chest vertical zippered pocket
- Hip length
- 1012 g (35.7 oz)
Shell: 9.3-oz 86% recycled polyester/14% spandex with 4-way stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Lining: 2.2-oz 50-denier 100% recycled polyester taffeta with a DWR finish.
Insulation: (body) 80-g Thermogreen® 100% polyester (92% recycled); (sleeves and hood) 60-g Thermogreen 100% polyester (92% recycled).
Shell and lining fabrics are bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.