Patagonia Men's Light & Variable® Board Shorts - 18"
Our most stripped-down, travel-savvy board shorts offer lightweight and functional simplicity. Made of a durable, fast-drying polyester ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 40-UPF sun protection, they feature inseam-free inner thighs to keep you free of chafe.
- Made of a lightweight, durable and fast-drying polyester ripstop fabric with 40-UPF sun protection and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Flat-lying, no-button, bartacked fly with tie closure; turned, bartacked drawstring is durable and adds mobility
- Zippered back pocket has self-draining mesh pocket bag and internal key loop
- Rear pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Available in Mid length - 18"
- 3.5-oz 50-denier 100% polyester ripstop with 40-UPF sun protection and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 113 g (4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.