Patagonia Men's Light & Variable® Hoody
The ideal soft shell for travel and everyday use, this perfectly pared-down, 100% recycled polyester hoody is lightweight, wind-resistant and offers 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Versatile, windproof and weather-resistant 100% recycled polyester fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Full-length center-front zipper has flat-felled seam detail and a climbing rope–inspired zipper pull; stand-up collar with chin flap to prevent chafing
- Self-fabric-lined, zippered handwarmer pockets with flat-felled side seams; left pocket converts to a stuffsack and has a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
- Comfortable elasticized cuffs keep out drafts; reinforced circular vent holes under arms for breathability
- Adjustable hem drawcord for maximum weather protection
- Hip length
- 238 g (8.4 oz)
2.7-oz 100% recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
*carabiner not included
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.