Patagonia Men's R1® Back-Zip Short-Sleeved Full Wetsuit
We stand behind everything we make, including our wetsuits. But wetsuits require care if they are going to perform and wear the way they were intended. Patagonia is not responsible for wetsuits that are abused or show normal wear and tear over time. Scratches and fading are inevitable, as are tears from the occasional close call with a fin. Download Patagonia Wetsuit Warranty Form
Made for warm water: 65-75° F/18-23° C.
Learn More Close
Off the top in overhead surf or kite sessions when the wind goes sideshore, the R1® Back-Zip Short-Sleeved Full Suit combines comfort and stretch for optimal performance in warmer waters. Made with high-quality, ultra-flexible neoprene and a lightweight, fast-drying recycled polyester lining; features include anatomical patterning, external sealing on all seams, flexible one-piece front panel, extended flap at neck with PU-molded closure for increased comfort, and back-zip for easy on/off. Ankle cuff edges are heat-pressed to reduce hydraulic lift and flushing, and flexible, PVC-free kneepads offer long-lasting durability. Critical seams and stress areas are secured with glue dots, 1cm bartacks and Melco® reinforcements.
- Made with high quality neoprene that meets our rigorous standards for strength, durability and warmth
- Recycled polyester thermal grid lining improves flexibility and dry time; one piece front panel with minimal seam design increases flexibility
- Internal back flap blocks wind; flap has a recycled polyester grid lining, separating zipper from skin for comfort; extended neck flap with PU-molded hook-and-loop closure allows for a stronger seal and more comfort
- Neoprene underarm panels have recycled polyester jersey fabric on both sides for better stretch while paddling; center-back zipper with crescent-shaped neoprene panel provides a better seal and easier zip-up; zipper gusset has drain holes
- Ankle cuff edges are heat-pressed to reduce hydraulic lift and flushing, and flexible, anatomically engineered PVC-free kneepads offer long-lasting durability
- 1cm bartacks, glue dots and Melco® reinforcements secure wear points and critical seam locations; seams are single-needle blindstitched to the outside with nylon-bonded thread, and triple glued for extra durability and strength; critical areas and crotch seams are internally taped
- 100% external seam sealing
- 2.5mm neoprene (torso/thighs) lined with recycled polyester thermal grid; 2mm (sleeves/legs) lined with lightweight recycled polyester (inside/outside)
- 918 g (32.4 oz)
- Made in Thailand.