Patagonia Men's R1® Padded Big Wave Vest
With flexible foam panels for additional flotation and impact protection, the R1® Padded Big Wave Vest is made from 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated to high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex; can be worn alone or under a wetsuit. Suggested water temperatures: 65–75° F/18–23° C.
- 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated with high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex
- Flatlock/zigzag sewing construction with Tristar 40W and 60W nylon-bonded thread
- Laser-cut 420-denier nylon reinforcements for board-short tie compatibility (one in center-front, two on back and side)
- Custom-shaped, ergonomically patterned 22mm EVA foam panels (11 total) for padded protection during high-impact activity
- Foam edges around armholes are skived at 45 degrees to optimize range of motion
- 38mm folded spandex bindings secured with double-needle coverstitching at neck, armholes and bottom hem increase comfort and strength
- 550 g (19.4 oz)
Body: 1mm and 1.5mm neoprene laminated with high-stretch 88% recycled polyester/12% spandex.
Impact panels: 22mm EVA foamView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.