Patagonia Men's Recycled Down Vest
High-pile 100% recycled fleece on one side, 100% recycled polyester on the other, with 600-fill-power 100% recycled down in between, this warm, reversible vest delivers versatile core warmth almost entirely from reclaimed materials.
- Body side made of 100% recycled polyester pile fleece; reverse: 100% recycled polyester semi-dull ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; insulated with 600-fill-power 100% recycled down that’s reclaimed from used down products
- Reversible vest let’s you adjust the vest’s level of insulation
- The deep-pile fleece side worn next to your body traps heat for greater warm; reverse side (recycled polyester ripstop on outside) stops moisture and wind
- Handwarmer pockets both inside and out hold your essentials; zippered chest pocket on fleece side
- Drop-tail design
- Comes with a stuffsack for easy packing
- Drop-tail hem
- 464 g (16.4 oz)
Body: 9.1-oz 100% recycled polyester pile fleece.
Reverse: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester semi-dull ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 600-fill-power 100% recycled down.
Reverse fabric is bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of 600-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.