Patagonia Men's Rio Azul Waders - King
Our most lightweight and packable H2No® Performance Standard waterproof/breathable waders for hot weather or the traveling angler.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester solid twill microfiber shell with a waterproof/breathable barrier and DWR (durable water repellent) finish; fully taped seams
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Full elastic belt; male/female buckles on adjustable suspenders allow waders to be more cleanly worn as pants
- Laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper allows easy access to tools, nippers, etc.; internal daisy chains for tools; internal center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Articulated legs
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume and a more sock-like fit; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- Streamlined flat-panel gravel guards drain water faster and are more resistant to abrasion and wear
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 6.1-oz 100% polyester solid twill microfiber with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 878 g (31 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.