Patagonia Men's Rio Azul Waders - Regular
Our most lightweight and packable H2No® Performance Standard waterproof/breathable waders for hot weather or the traveling angler.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester solid twill microfiber shell with a waterproof/breathable barrier and DWR (durable water repellent) finish; fully taped seams
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Full elastic belt; male/female buckles on adjustable suspenders allow waders to be more cleanly worn as pants
- Laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper allows easy access to tools, nippers, etc.; internal daisy chains for tools; internal center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Articulated legs
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume and a more sock-like fit; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- Streamlined flat-panel gravel guards drain water faster and are more resistant to abrasion and wear
- 879 g (1 lb 15 oz)
H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 6.1-oz 100% polyester solid twill microfiber with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
The field repair kit is not included with waders shipped outside the United States.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.