Patagonia Men's Rio Gallegos Zip-Front Waders - Long
Our highest-performing, most durable, feature-rich waterproof/breathable waders with a TIZIP® waterproof front zipper have been updated with a trimmer upper-body fit that still layers easily; new interior daisy chains for tools and drop-in pockets for organization; more streamlined, anatomically fit booties with a poly-grid lining and gravel guards with a flat-panel construction that reduces wear. H2No® Performance Standard waterproof/breathable wader.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell, with a proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric without multiple layers or added weight
- Submersible TIZIP® front zipper is fully waterproof; waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height; full elastic belt
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Interior organization: two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: chest handwarmer pockets; two stash pockets with water-resistant zippers; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper on suspenders allows easy access to tools, nippers, etc.
- Articulated legs; removable foam knee pads
- Anatomically fit left and right booties have a lower volume, more sock-like fit and are poly-grid-lined for added comfort; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- H2No® Performance Standard shell. Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta. Lower: 4-layer, 8.82-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta. All with a waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR
- 1315 g (46.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.