Patagonia Men's River Salt Jacket
The River Salt Jacket is our toughest and most durable fishing shell, made with 4-layer waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard wader fabric for long-lasting performance.
- Rugged 100% polyester microfiber H2No® Performance Standard shell with waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Three TPU-coated, water-repellent front-zippered pockets sized to hold fly boxes; waterproof and corrosion-resistant YKK® Vislon® AquaGuard® front zipper
- Innovative fully vented and adjustable hood is designed to stay in place, even at high boat speeds
- Watertight adjustable cuffs
- Elastic drawcord at waist has mesh interior channel for drainage
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 6.1-oz 100% polyester solid twill microfiber with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 680 g (24 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.