Patagonia Men's Technical Sunshade Shorts
Versatile, fast-wicking, quick-drying shorts for hot-weather fishing; specifically designed for poling a flats skiff; 10" inseam.
- Lightweight, quick-drying shorts, with tough stretch-woven reinforced front protects against abrasion caused by push poles
- Double hook-and-loop back pockets with zippered closures; one with an additional zipper closure for extra security
- Elasticized waistband for a comfortable fit
- Heat-pressed thermoplastic tape reinforces pocket construction and resists abrasion
- Designed to be worn with the Sunshade Hoody
- 10" inseam
- 232 g (8.2 oz)
3.4-oz 100% nylon taslan with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Reinforced front: 96% nylon/4% spandexView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.