Patagonia Men's Torrentshell Parka
Offering lightweight weather protection for any urban or backcountry environment, this versatile, travel-friendly rain parka with an H2No® Performance Standard shell is built for seriously wet weather.
- Built with an H2No® Performance Standard 2.5-layer recycled nylon waterproof/breathable hard shell for seriously wet weather
- Two-way center-front zipper features external storm flap secured with hidden snap closure and interior storm flap for added protection
- Two chest pockets with flaps and hidden snap buttons; two lower top-loading pockets with flaps and hidden snap buttons; two side-entry handwarmer pockets lined with fleece for comfort
- Adjustable, partially elasticized cuffs with snap buttons
- Fixed, 2-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor
- Adjustable drawcord at interior waist seals out wind and precipitation
- Lower hip length
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 2.5-layer, 2.9-oz 50-denier 100% recycled nylon ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Solid fabric is bluesign® approved
- 436 g (15.4 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly packable for backpacking, alpine climbing and backcountry skiing. They combine a water-repellent shell fabric with a waterproof/breathable membrane and a protective top coat barrier without needing a protective lining fabric. A raised print layer is applied to decreased layering friction and increase moisture management.
2.5-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are coated with DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish that repels light rain and snow. In conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
All products bearing the H2No mark have been vigorously tested for durability in our 24 Killer Wash.