Patagonia Men's Wavefarer® Engineered Board Shorts - 21"
Engineered version of our classic, durable Wavefarer® Board Shorts; they are made of a lightweight, quick-drying nylon (38% recycled), with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; now slightly trimmer silhouette; 21" outseam.
- Durable and quick-drying nylon (38% recycled), with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 3-piece, self-lined waistband contours to hip; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring; mesh gasket easily drains
- Self-draining pocket on right thigh has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper; internal key loop and added zipper pull for ease of use; compatible with the Surf Dry Bag
- Forward inseam helps eliminate chafing
- 21" outseam
- 3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 167 g (5.9 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.