Patagonia Shelled Synchilla® Duckbill Cap
A versatile wind- and weather-resistant shelled cap with PU coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lined with warm Synchilla® fleece, it’s at home in cool conditions around town or on the trail.
- Versatile wind- and weather-resistant PU-coated nylon shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Lined with Synchilla® polyester fleece
- Duckbill design offers additional protection from the elements
- Hat sizing guide: S/M = 58 cm / 22.8 in L/XL = 60 cm / 23.6 in
- Shell: 4.2-oz 100% nylon with PU coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 8.3-oz 100% polyester fleece. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 70 g (2.5 oz)
- Made in China.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.