Patagonia Surf Brim
A secure, quick-drying sun hat with full-brim coverage and 50+ UPF sun protection for surfers, paddlers and boaters.
- Made of soft, fast-drying, easy-care nylon with 50+ UPF sun protection and a sun-blocking foam brim that holds its shape
- Stiff brim in front allows for clean duckdives
- Moisture-wicking COOLMAX® fabric headband dries quickly and provides a comfortable fit; soft neoprene chin strap tucks away when not in use
- Dark underbill reduces glare; two vent/drain holes reduce water and heat build-up
- Adjustable rear buckle with elastic for snug fit
- Shell and underbill: 3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Chin strap and headband: 1mm neoprene. Shell and underbill fabrics are bluesign® approved
- 79 g (2.8 oz)
- Made in China.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.