Patagonia Toromiro Backpack 22L
A classic top loader with padded laptop sleeve and accessory pockets to haul everything you need in style.
- Recycled-polyester fabric body with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish offers a perfect balance of weight and durability for everyday use
- Generous main compartment; zippered stash pockets on lid and front panel; raised, padded laptop sleeve protects most 15" laptops
- Human Curve® shoulder straps for carrying comfort
- Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle
- Body: 8.4-oz 600-denier 100% recycled polyester. Lining: 200-denier 100% polyester. Both treated with a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 467 g (16.5 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.