Patagonia Wavefarer™ Bucket Hat
With its 360-degree brim, durable nylon fabric (38% recycled), DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection, the Wavefarer™ Bucket Hat is your personal shade awning for beach and water sports.
- Tough, easy-care, stretch-woven, 360-degree nylon brim uses durable, semi-rigid foam that floats in water
- Built-in 50+ UPF sun protection
- Treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed rain and ocean spray
- Rolls up into an interior pocket
- 3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- 68 g (2.4 oz)
- Made in China.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.