Patagonia Wavefarer™ Cap
This lightweight, fast-drying 5-panel hat offers 50+ UPF sun protection and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and trucker-style foam brim that floats for reliable function in or out of the water. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
- Made of our lightweight, fast-drying Wavefarer® Board Short nylon (38% recycled); offers 50+ UPF sun protection; and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed rain and ocean spray. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- Foam-core brim floats and provides complete sun protection
- Rope at brim detail
- Low-profile, adjustable quick-release buckle in back
- COOLMAX® mesh headband wicks moisture and dries quickly
- 3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 85 g (3 oz)
- Made in China.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.