Patagonia Women's Meriweather Hoody
Made from water-resistant polyester taffeta fabric, the versatile Meriweather Hoody is built for activity—from mountain trailblazing to urban commutes.
- Water-resistant 100% polyester plain-weave fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to resist light moisture
- Adjustable hood has elasticized trim around the opening and a center-back reflective strip for visibility when the hood is up
- Vents across the front and back and open thread rivets under the arms help release heat during high-output activities
- Two-way, center-front Vislon® zipper and two handwarmer pockets; zipper pulls have reflective cording for visibility
- Adjustable drawcords at the waist and hem; elastic at the back vent for a flattering fit
- Elasticized cuffs
- Drop-tail hem
- 281 g (9.9 oz)
3.2-oz 100% polyester taffeta with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.