Patagonia Women's Micro Swell Rashguard
For all-day comfort in the ocean, the stretchy and fast-drying Micro Swell Rashguard has 50+ UPF sun protection, long sleeves, a high crewneck and formfitting seams to prevent chafing. Solid fabrics are 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex; printed versions are 83% recycled polyester/17% spandex. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
- Soft and durable solid fabric of 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex and print fabric of 83% recycled polyester/17% spandex jersey offer 50+ UPF sun protection. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Higher crewneck and long sleeves offer excellent sun protection and prevent upper-body chafing while paddling
- Raglan sleeves with gussets keep seams away from sensitive areas and allow a full range of arm movement
- Princess seams in front and back for a close-to-body fit that’s not too tight
- Hip length for maximum coverage
- Stretchy and fast-drying
- 167 g (5.9 oz)
Solids: 5.4-oz 83% recycled nylon/17% spandex jersey.
Prints: 5.8-oz 83% recycled polyester/17% spandex jersey.
Both with 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewingView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.