Patagonia Women's Prairie Dawn Jacket
A work-wear-inspired jacket done up in our rugged 8-oz Stand-Up™ organic cotton canvas fabric; it has a fleece-lined hood, drop-in/side entry handwarmers and an adjustable drawcord at the waist.
- Sturdy and rugged 8-oz 100% organic cotton canvas is offset by soft 8.6-oz 100% polyester fleece in the hood and 4.9-oz 100% organic cotton twill touch points on the inner cuffs and lining
- Center-front metal zipper is hidden under an covered placket with metal snap closure
- Ample 3-panel hood is lined in soft cozy polyester fleece and has a 3mm climbing-rope drawcord
- Long sleeves with a metal snap closure
- Front drop-in pockets have a hidden snap closure and double as side-entry handwarmer pockets
- Adjustable inner drawcord allows you to customize the jacket’s fit
- Hip length
- 887 g (31.3 oz)
Body: 8-oz 100% organic cotton canvas.
Lining and inner cuffs: 4.9 -oz 100% organic cotton twill.
Hood lining: 8.6-oz 100% polyester fleeceView The Footprint Chronicles
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.