Patagonia Women's Prow Jacket
This moto-style, 600-fill-power duck down jacket is made with soft, 100% recycled nylon plain-weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and insulated with 100% Traceable Down.
- Soft, 100% recycled nylon plain-weave shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Insulated with 100% Traceable Down (600-fill-power duck down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
- Motorcycle-style jacket with chevron quilt lines and off-center front zipper
- Tall, snapped collar stands up or lies flat
- Zippered handwarmer pockets
- Hip length
- Shell: 1.1-oz 100% recycled nylon plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 100% Traceable Down (600-fill-power duck down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked). Shell fabric is bluesign® approved
- 368 g (13 oz)
- Made in Bangladesh.
Traceable Down Insulation
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.